All the things you need to know in order to fully understand me:
- My name is Paola – pronounced Pah-ola, not Pay-ola (like the city in Kansas or illegal payment in the music biz), although I’ll never correct you.
- I bleed black & gold – MIZ forever.
- My happy place is anywhere with my nose stuck in
a bookmy kindle and Mumford or the Avetts singing joyfully into my ears.
- I like Chipotle more than I like most people.
- At the age of 57, my mom found out she was separated at birth, aka I just found out I have an entirely new set of family members in the Czech Republic. I KNOW, RIGHT?!
- My Instagram currently consists of
about 50% cats and 50% childrenColombia through my eyes.
- I feel naked without polish on my fingernails.
- I bake a mean Peanut Butter Blossom cookie.
- I do not like cheese (unless it’s on a deep dish crust or inside fried breadcrumbs…and sometimes when it comes out of a Velveeta box).
- I feel very strongly about the Oxford comma.
- I’m passionate about life. I am passionate about loving others, about traveling the world, and about learning the stories of the people I meet along the way.
This blog is a glimpse into my forever-spontaneous journey and the adventures that develop throughout it. Bear with me though, as I was no j-schooler and the AP Stylebook might as well be Latin to me.